- Players’ age will be determined by their age on January 1 of the current calendar year
- Please carry birth certificates of all players in the case that a protest is filed.
- Bats & Cleats -
- 13u & 14u - BBCOR, wood or USA Baseball stamped bats are permitted.
- 16u - BBCOR and wood bats permitted.
- Metal cleats allowed at all age divisions. If you have molded cleats we would prefer you wear those at First National Bank Field.
GAME LENGTH -
- Pool Play & Semifinals - No new inning after 1:40. If a new inning starts before 1:40 the inning will be completed.
- If semifinal games are tied at the time limit Texas Rules will be used to determine a winner. Runner on second base with one out to start the inning. The pitches will not count towards a players’ inning pitched for the tournament.
- Championship Games - All games will be played in their entirety.
- All games are six innings.
- If the game is at time limit the home team will not bat if leading the game.
- 10 rule rule after 3 1/2 or 4 innngs.
PITCHING RULES -
- Six innings for the tournament. No maximum per game.
- One pitch equals one inning.
- Innings pitched are being tracked by the umpires on site and turned into the tournament directors for tracking.
MOUND AND BASE LENTHS -
- 13u - 54’ and 80’
- 14u - 60’6” and 90’
- 16u - 60’6” and 90’
SUBSTITUTIONS & BATTING ORDER -
- If you select to roster bat you are allowed free substitutions.
- You may start the game with nine or more batters in your order. Substitutes are married to their starter. Players can substitute in and out of the the batting order as many times as you like as long as it’s for the same player in the batting order. Little League rule if you’re familiar. Example - If player A starts the game and Player B substitutes into the game for Player A. Player A and Player B can free substitutes for each other and only each other as many times as you like during the game. They must stay in the same position of the batting order.
- You may use a DH. The DH can be for any player in your batting order. The DH does not have to hit for the pitcher only. If a player is being hit for they can only substitute with the Designated Hitter.
SLIDE RULE -
- Slide rule is in effect at all bases. If a player doesn’t slide they will be called out. A double play can be assumed.
- Head first sliding is legal.
TIE BREAKERS AT ALL DIVISIONS -
- Win Percentage
- Head to Head
- Least Run Allowed
- Win Differential. Maxed at 8 runs.
- Coin flip.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -
- All on field decisions are final.
- If a coach or player is ejected from a game they are ejected for the entire tournament. They will be allowed to attend their teams’ games but not be allowed in the dugout as long as they’re not disruptive the remainder of the tournament.
- The South Dakota High School rule book will be used for all other rule interpretations.
- A coin flip will be used to determine home team in pool play and bracket play where no pool play exists. If a division has bracket play after pool play the home team for the bracket portion of the tournament will determined by higher seed. Example if the #1 seed and #2 seed play in the championship game the #1 seed is the home team.
- Dugouts are first come first serve. Please be courteous to each other.
- NO SUNFLOWER SEEDS ON FIRST NATIONAL BANK FIELD. NO SEEDS IN A CUP. NO SEEDS MEANS NO SEEDS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.